|Title/Headline:||Music Editor/Songwriter Composer|
|Known for:||Boogie Nights, NCIS New Orleans, The November Man, Spring Breakers|
|Minimum time:||10 minutes|
Ronald J. Finn
Summary: Over 20 years of diversified experience in audio post production and audio recording. Developed editing skills at Danetracks with Academy Award winning Sound Designer Dane Davis.
Staff Music Editor at Paramount Pictures.
Nominated for an Emmy.
Skills and Accomplishments:
Post Production Audio Editor:
• Diversified experience in all aspects of Sound Editing for Film and Television.
• Co-ordinate all Music Editorial between Director or Producer and Composer.
Create temp music track, music spotting notes, timings, and assist composer. Cut all source music and co-ordinate with picture department.
Manage all Music Elements, throughout the dubbing process, and create Music Cue Sheets.
• Excellent knowledge of sound recording techniques, mixing and recording equipment.
• Self motivated, great attention to detail, and listens well.
• Member of Editors Guild 700.
• Write and produce additional music, or source music as needed.
• Have over 200 songs licensed in television and films.
• Proficient in the digital mixing environment.
• Pro Tools expert, Logic Audio, Digital Performer, Cue Chronicle.
• Final Cut Pro, AVID Media Composer 5.5
• Comfortable with Digidesign Euphonix Mixing consoles and Peripherals.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Final Note Productions, Burbank, CA. Paramount Pictures, Hollywood CA. Dane Tracks, Hollywood CA.
Currently working on the CBS show NCIS New Orleans
• Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, Illinois-Bachelor of Music (Composition).
• Washington University, Saint Louis, Missouri-Bachelor of Music (Classical Guitar).
• Graduate of Musicians Institute, Hollywood, California. Credits:
Don’t know where to start or have multiple questions or topics you’ll like to discuss? Don’t worry about it, our expert has Open Ended Conversations so you can take as much time and go as in depth as you need so you can become your very best.Schedule a Call
The ins and outs of Music Editing on a Network TV show or Feature film, including start to finish instructions on how it's done. From the music spotting session, Spotting notes for composer, cutting in source music, preparing the Pro Tools sessions for the mix, including the Composers music and any source music, and consulting with the mixer, and finally doing the Music Cue Sheet.Schedule a Call